ARLINGTON, Va.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–
April is Earth Month and the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® wants to share some tips with consumers on how to live green, buy green and recycle responsibly this month:
- Live Green: Try CEA’s Consumer Electronics Energy Calculator and Electronics Recycler Locator tools.
- Optimize your energy savings. Remember to unplug your electronics once they are charged, and turn them off when you’re not using them.
- Make energy reduction easy. Plug your electronics into a power strip – just flip the switch to power everything down at once.
- Use technology to maximize your home’s energy efficiency. Use a smart home thermostat to more efficiently cool your home in the summer and warm it in the winter – this also saves money on your electricity bill.
- Buy Green: Use energy efficient- and ENERGY STAR-certified electronics.
- ENERGY STAR-certified products provide the same functionality but use less energy, because they are more efficient in all usage modes: sleep, idle and on.
- Recycle Responsibly: Recycle your old electronics at their end of life. Use CEA’s electronics recycling locator tool to find the recycler closest to you.
“Recycling your old electronics is not only good for the environment – it’s now easier than ever with our zip code locator at GreenerGadgets.org,” said Samantha Nevels, communications senior coordinator at CEA. “And by understanding your energy use and learning strategies to be more energy efficient, consumers can save money and help the environment at the same time.”
Consumers can also join CEA’s energy and ecycling discussions on Twitter this month. From 8-9 p.m. EDT on April 9, CEA and its partner ENERGY STAR will discuss how you can be more energy efficient in your home and at the office. Take part in this chat with the hashtag #CEAGreen and you could win a Samsung Blu-ray Player (BD-H5900). And from 8-9 p.m. EDT on April 23, you can be a part of the ecycling conversation. CEA will discuss how you can responsibility recycle your electronics, and share the latest from the eCycling Leadership Initiative. Take part in the chat and you could win a Samsung 2.1 Channel Sound Bar System with Wireless Subwoofer (HW-F450).
For official rules and more information on CEA’s Earth Month activities, visit GreenerGadgets.org/EarthMonth.
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the technology trade association representing the $208 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES – The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA’s industry services. Find CEA online at www.CE.org, www.DeclareInnovation.com and through social media.
- CES Unveiled SHANGHAI
April 8, 2014, Shanghai, China
- Digital Patriots Dinner
April 29, 2014, Washington, DC
- CES on the Hill
April 30, 2014, Washington, DC
- 2014 Technology Standards Spring Forum
May 19-23, 2014, Seattle, WA
- CES Unveiled WARSAW
June 17, 2014, Warsaw, Poland
- CE Week
June 23-27, 2014, New York, NY
- CE Week Exhibits
June 25-26, 2014, New York, NY
- CE Week Exhibits
- CES Unveiled SAO PAULO
September 23, 2014, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- CEA Annual Member Meeting
Sept. 30-Oct. 2, 2014, Phoenix, AZ
- CES Unveiled PARIS
October 22, 2014, Paris, France
- CES Unveiled NEW YORK
November 11, 2014, New York, NY
- CES Unveiled LAS VEGAS
January 4, 2015, Las Vegas, NV
- 2015 International CES
January 6-9, 2015, Las Vegas, NV
- Consumer Discretionary
- Nature Environment