RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., a global leader and award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, semiconductors and telecommunications, today announced that it won 36 prestigious International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2015 Innovation Awards. CES, the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow held by the Consumer Electronics Association® (CEA) every year, has honored Samsung with 12 more awards this year than last year.
Among the 36 CES awards for 2015, Samsung was recognized with two Best of Innovation awards and four Eco-Design honors. Products entered in the CES Innovation program are judged by a pre-eminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics products, across 29 categories.
“Samsung continues to deliver unique experiences for our consumers worldwide across many categories of products,” said Gregory Lee, president and CEO of Samsung Electronics North America. “We are honored that CEA and the industry recognizes this ongoing commitment to innovation and excellence in consumer experience, and we look forward to demonstrating our latest achievements at the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show.”
Samsung Electronics’ award-winning products span 10 categories including, TV, Monitor, Mobile, Tablet, Digital Imaging, Printer, Home Appliance and Memory. Many of Samsung’s award-winning products will be on display during the 2015 International CES, which runs January 6-9, 2015, in Samsung booth #12004 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center. Some of the winning products will be showcased at Samsung’s CES press conference, scheduled for 2 p.m. on Monday, January 5, 2015.
Following are details on some of the Samsung award recipients:
- Samsung Chef Collection Slide-In Induction Range with Virtual Flame Technology – As the next evolution in induction cooking, this Samsung induction range has LED lights embedded below the glass cooktop that cast a flame-like glow onto pots and pans for clear visual cues. At 5.8 cu. ft., it boasts the largest capacity in the industry1 and delivers precise temperature controls for optimal cooking. The range features Samsung’s award-winning Flex Duo™ technology, a single oven that can split into two sections (2.6 cu. ft. and 3.1 cu. ft.) via a Smart Divider.
- Samsung 850 PRO – As the world’s first consumer solid state drive (SSD) powered by 3D vertical NAND flash memory technology, this drive delivers unprecedented performance and blazing fast speeds. It maximizes the everyday computing experience by delivering worry-free reliability, an impressive 10-year limited warranty and amongst the lowest power consumption of any consumer SSD on the market.
- NX1 Camera – As a remarkably fast and accurate compact system camera in Samsung’s award-winning NX line, the NX1 is equipped with newly designed 28MP APS-C BSI CMOS Sensor supporting cinema quality UHD/4K video recording. The highly durable dust and splash resistant magnesium alloy body delivers best in class auto focus, speed, usability and industry-leading Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Galaxy Note Edge – With the Galaxy Note Edge, Samsung has reinvented the large-screen smartphone experience and once again set the standard for what innovation looks like in mobile devices today. The Galaxy Note Edge, a CES Best of Innovation award recipient, allows users to access information they care about most in one of the most intuitive ways ever seen on a mobile device. Its edge display isn’t just a major hardware achievement; it’s a fresh new take on adding innovative functionality to the device in an increasingly competitive market.
- Galaxy Note 4 – Expanding on the large screen smartphone category Samsung created in 2011 with the original Galaxy Note, the Galaxy Note 4 delivers the most advanced large-screen smartphone yet. The Galaxy Note 4 embraces Samsung’s heritage of delivering unrivaled smartphone experiences including a brilliant display, advanced photo technology for front and rear camera photos, battery improvements, and S Pen enhancements.
- Galaxy S 5 – The Galaxy S 5 was designed with the consumer in mind, to deliver experiences that improve everyday life. The Galaxy S 5 delivers unrivaled experiences on a brilliant 5.1-inch display, powered by technology that enables amazing new camera experiences, lightning fast data connections, and health2 and wellness monitoring.
- Galaxy Tab S 10.5-inch and Tab S 8.4-inch – The Galaxy Tab S combines an industry-leading Super AMOLED display, a full range of premium content offerings and an unrivaled entertainment experience with enhanced productivity features for effortless multitasking, all elegantly housed in Samsung’s thinnest and lightest tablet design.
- Gear S – The Samsung Gear S redefines the idea of the smart wearable with a truly connected form factor and sleek design. Its 2-inch curved Super AMOLED display details the Gear S’ easy-to-use interface, while its fitness tracking capabilities provide users with the most advanced S Health platform to-date.
- Gear VR – Samsung Gear VR delivers a completely new way to experience and consume mobile content with the first widely available mobile VR headset optimized for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
- Level Over – Level Over features Active Noise Cancellation to deliver exceptionally clear sound with full dynamic range and powerful bass at any volume. With Bluetooth connectivity and an intuitive touch-screen track pad, Level Over provides a comfortable and enjoyable listening experience.
- Samsung 4GB LPDDR4 Mobile DRAM (based on 20nm-class 8Gb LPDDR4) – The world’s-first 20-nanometer-class 4GB LPDDR4 mobile memory for high-end smartphones, tablets and other premium mobile devices, it features a 25.6GB/s bandwidth – double the previous mobile DRAM leader, as well as up to 40 percent greater power efficiency. Providing an optimal density for the new 64-bit mobile eco-system, the 4GB LPDDR4 can accommodate Ultra High Definition displays and real-time multi-tasking for multimedia-intensive applications.
- YOUM Bended Display – The world’s first edge screen on a device combines state-of-the-art WQHD resolution with flexible AMOLED technology. Its unique curved edge screen provides quick “thumb-swipe” access to frequently used apps, alerts and device functionality, even when the cover is closed. Users can receive notifications directly on the edge display, while watching videos without disturbing their viewing.
As part of Samsung’s PlanetFirst™ initiative, a commitment to become one of the world’s most environmentally friendly companies, Samsung has a dedicated goal to develop environmentally friendly products and building green manufacturing sites. In its latest effort to support that commitment, Samsung received four Eco-Design awards. Details about some of them can be found below.
- Samsung Green Memory 64GB 3D TSV DDR4 RDIMM –The first DDR4 module produced with 3D “through silicon via” package technology for greater performance, energy efficiency and high density will play a key role in accelerating the proliferation of enterprise servers, cloud applications and data centers. The new module performs up to 100 percent faster than a 64GB DDR3 LRDIMM module using wire bonding packaging, while consuming approximately half the power.
- Xpress M2070FW – The Samsung Multifunction Printer Xpress M2070FW delivers fast and effortless printing with less maintenance and less waste combined with 4-in-1 versatility for printing, copying, scanning and faxing of documents. With Easy Eco Driver, the M2070FW helps users reduce printer toner consumption by up to 20 percent. This useful software also reduces paper and energy consumption by giving users the option to remove unnecessary text and images, converting them from bitmap to sketches. And to keep pace with cutting-edge mobile lifestyle, the printer links seamlessly with a range of mobile devices.
About the 2015 CES Innovation Awards
The prestigious CES Innovation Awards are sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®, the producer of the International CES, the global gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technology, and have been recognizing achievements in product design and engineering since 1976.
Entries are evaluated on their engineering, aesthetic and design qualities, intended use/function and user value, how the design and innovation of the product directly compares to other products in the marketplace and unique/novel features present.
Products chosen as CES Innovation Honorees reflect innovative design and engineering in some of the most cutting edge tech products and services coming to market.
2015 CES Innovation Honoree products are featured on CESweb.org/Innovation, which lists product categories, as well as each product name, manufacturer information, description, photo and URL.
About Samsung Electronics North America
Samsung Electronics North America (NAHQ), based in Ridgefield Park, NJ, is an arm of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. The company markets a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics, information systems, and home appliance products, as well as oversees all of Samsung’s North American brand management including Samsung Electronics America, Inc., Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC and Samsung Electronics Canada, Inc. As a result of its commitment to innovation and unique design, Samsung is one of the most decorated brands in the electronics industry. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com. You can also Fan Samsung on www.facebook.com/SamsungUSA or follow Samsung via Twitter @SamsungTweets.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 286,000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US $216.7 billion.
1Among consumer grade ranges as of February 2014.
2This device, S Health, and related software is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease.
- Consumer Discretionary
- Technology Electronics