Centralia Police Department
Vehicles Stolen, Recovered
• At 7:05 a.m. on Tuesday, a 1993 Acura Integra was reported stolen in the 3000 block of Borst Avenue. It was recovered later that day.
• At 3:51 p.m. on Tuesday, a black 1989 Jeep Cherokee was reported stolen in the 1400 block of Harrison Avenue. The vehicle was recovered in Thurston County later that day.
• At 10:28 a.m. on Tuesday, a generator was reported stolen in the 1000 block of Roosevelt Avenue.
Hit and Runs
• At 1:20 p.m. on Tuesday, a hit and run collision was reported near the intersection of Harrison Avenue and First Street in Centralia. The suspect vehicle was recovered, abandoned, in the area.
• At 2:10 p.m. on Tuesday, a hit and run was reported in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue. The suspect vehicle was described as a large, white Toyota truck.
Teen Referred on Assault Charge
• At 5:21 p.m. on Tuesday, police contacted a 13-year-old boy in reference to an assault report in the 600 block of West Roanoke Street. The boy will be referred to prosecutors on suspicion of fourth-degree assault.
Thieves Attempt to Steal Vehicles
• At 6:21 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of an attempted vehicle theft in the 200 block of North Railroad Avenue. The vehicle’s ignition system was damaged.
• At 7:09 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of two suspects attempting to steal a vehicle in the 1200 block of Belmont Avenue.
• At 10:33 p.m. on Tuesday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 1300 block of Harrison Avenue. Change and cigarettes were stolen.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 7:57 a.m. on Monday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 700 block of Northwest Liberty Place.
• At 9:49 a.m. on Monday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 700 block of Northwest Liberty Place.
• At 6:48 p.m. on Monday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. Medication was stolen.
• At 8:38 a.m. on Tuesday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 1000 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue.
Hit and Run
• At 9:55 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of a hit and run in the 1000 block of Northwest State Street.
Shoplifter Gets Away with Electronics
• At 1:44 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a shoplifter spotted in the 1000 block of North National Avenue. Electronics were taken. No arrests were made.
• At 3:16 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a trespasser in the area of the intersection of Cascade Avenue and Seventh Street. The woman was reportedly digging through garbage cans. No arrests were made.
• At 9:46 p.m. on Monday, police received a report that people were trespassing in an abandoned house.
• At 4:22 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a trespasser in the 2100 block of North National Avenue. Philip D. Skore, 67, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of first-degree criminal trespass and outstanding warrants.
Glue Poured in Lock in Malicious Mischief
• At 4:36 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 200 block of Northwest Cascade Avenue. A person reportedly poured glue in a lock.
Cell Phone Stolen
• At 7:39 p.m. on Monday, a cell phone was reported stolen in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Man Booked on Disorderly Conduct Charge
• At 10:49 p.m. on Monday, police arrested Michael A. Hilton, 33, of Chehalis, on suspicion of disorderly conduct near the intersection of Northwest Boistfort Street and Northwest Pacific Avenue.
Teen Arrested on Drug Charge at Green Hill
• At 4:13 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of an illegal substance found at Green Hill School, in the 300 block of Southwest 11th Street. An inmate was found to be in possession of a green leafy substance, suspected to be marijuana, and a homemade pipe. Jeremiah L. Peralez, 18, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of possessing the illegal substance.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Man Axes Mailboxes
• The Sheriff’s Office is investigating a series of malicious mischief reports on Monday and Tuesday between the 800 and 1600 blocks of Pleasant Valley Road in Chehalis. An unidentified suspect allegedly took an ax or similar object to a series of mailboxes, causing approximately $500 in damage, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
• At 6:19 a.m. on Tuesday, the Sheriff’s Office received a report of a theft of a 1999 Toyota Camry and woodworking tools in the 3100 block of Ives Road in Centralia.
Two Arrested in Suspected Vehicle Theft
• At 5 p.m. Tuesday, deputies responded to a reported theft of a vehicle in the 200 block of U.S. Highway 12. The vehicle was later located in the 500 block of Larmon Road in Ethel. The vehicle, a 2016 Ford F 150, was reported stolen from Railworks Track Systems. Golf clubs and personal items were also taken. Michael A. Rowland, 30, of Toledo, was charged Wednesday in Lewis County Superior Court with theft of a motor vehicle and David V. Appier, 32, a transient, was charged with theft of a motor vehicle and second-degree malicious mischief.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.