The Fourth of July is a federal holiday, and this year falls on Monday. The following closures will be in effect:
• Long Beach City Hall will be closed Monday.
• Street sweeping and enforcement of street sweeping violations will not occur Monday; street sweeping will resume its regular schedule on Tuesday.
• Parking meters with holiday exemptions will not be enforced; meters without holiday exemptions will be enforced. New smart parking meters in Long Beach display days and hours of operations – and also when they are exempt – on large backlit screens.
• Curbs that are painted red, white and blue are enforced every day. Green and yellow curbs without adjacent meters are not enforced on Sundays and holidays.
• All Long Beach public libraries will be closed Saturday-Monday. All libraries will reopen at noon on Tuesday. The library catalog, downloads, and databases are available at www.lbpl.org.
• Refuse and Recycling collection will occur, per the normal schedule, on Monday.
• Businesses that will be closed include the Press-Telegram and most banks.