Put leftover quinoa to work with this healthy breakfast quinoa recipe! Pear-Ginger Quinoa Porridge cooks up in just about 15 minutes on your stovetop – you can even make it on a busy weekday morning!
This recipe is adapted from the Quinoa Breakfast Bowl recipe in Dianne Wenz’s awesome ebook, What’s for Breakfast?. The book does a great job answering the common question about switching to a vegan diet, and if you like this breakfast quinoa recipe, you’ll love the other tasty breakfast ideas in her book!
Dianne’s porridge uses cooked quinoa to make quick work of this healthy breakfast porridge. Next time you’re making a Quinoa Buddha Bowl, make extra quinoa, so you can have this tasty, healthy breakfast the next morning!
Yields 2 servings
Pear-Ginger Quinoa Porridge cooks up in just about 15 minutes on your stovetop – you can even make it on a busy weekday morning!
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegan milk of your choice
- 2 small pears, chopped into pea-sized pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- maple syrup, optional, to taste
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add the quinoa, vegan milk, half of the pear, golden raisins, lime juice, ginger, and cloves.
- Bring the a boil, then reduce the heat, and simmer. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Your quinoa porridge is done when the grains have plumped up and most of the water is absorbed.
- Divide the quinoa porridge between two bowls, and add the rest of the fresh pear, plus your other toppings, and enjoy hot!
Related at Care2
Photos by Becky Striepe.