It’s the season to find crisp, fresh green beans at your local farmers’ market. There’s good reason to take advantage of the abundance and include more of this versatile vegetable in your diet.
Green beans are a good source of protein, fiber, B vitamins, vitamins A, C and K, magnesium, iron and calcium. A one-cup serving of green beans has only 34 calories and 8 grams of carbohydrates. In comparison, a one-cup serving of whole wheat pasta has 174 calories and 37 grams of carbohydrates.
Check out these delicious and innovative ways to dress up your green beans.
You might not think of green beans in a salad, but their shape and texture make an excellent addition to many different cold dishes.
1. Green Bean, Walnut and Feta Salad
2. Healthy Green Bean Salad
3. Potato Green Bean Salad with Lemon and Basil
4. Sesame Noodles with Green Beans and Tofu
5. The Hungry Girls’ Sweet Potato, Green Bean and Smoked Paprika Salad
6. Corn and Green Bean Salad
7. Speedy Three-Bean Salad
8. Chilled Green Bean Salad with Dill
Photo credit: Chikako Siebers @ Inner Harmony Nutrition
You don’t always need leafy vegetables for greens in a soup. Green beans are another nutritious and colorful option.
9. Green Bean and Carrot Soup
10. Pearl Barley Fresh Minestrone Soup
11. Creamy Vegan Green Vegetable Soup
12. Green Bean and Almond Soup
13. Smoky Green Soup
Forget any limp, steamed green beans you might have eaten as a child. Modern green bean sides are varied, delicious and the beans can be lightly cooked to keep a nice crispness.
14. Green Bean and Tomato Saute
15. Spanish Peasant-Style Green Beans
16. Orange Zest Green Beans with Almonds
17. Crispy Green Bean Fries
18. Lemon Garlic Green Beans with Sliced Almonds
19. Vegetable Fried Rice
20. Spicy Stir Fried Tofu with Corn, Green Beans and Cilantro
21. Asian Green Beans
Green beans can take center stage in a wide variety of dishes, from curries to traditional casseroles. Try one of these flavorful, satisfying recipes tonight.
22. Better Green Bean Casserole
23. Szechuan Green Beans and Tofu
24. Healthy Green Bean Casserole
25. Cashew Curry
26. Vegetable Tagine
27. Vegan Green Bean Casserole
28. Ligurian Pasta Trenette
29. Super Simple Green Bean Potato Curry
30. Chick Peas, Potatoes and Green Beans in Cauliflower Sauce
31. Sweet Potato, Green Bean and Spinach Risotto
32. Green Bean Stir Fry with Tempeh
33. Wicked Healthy Organic Green Bean Casserole
34. Vegetarian Green Bean Stew in a Rich Tomato Sauce
35. Green Bean, Zucchini and Potato Stew
Grow Great Green Beans
9 Ways to Use Lettuce Besides in Salads
Collard Greens: Better Than Kale?
Article source: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/35-glorious-green-bean-recipes.html