From Lauren Bossi at Plant Based on a Budget
If you know me at all, you would know I am the biggest peanut butter lover. Most sweet recipes (even some savory ones too!) I create involve peanut butter in some way. When I make cookies, the first thing my friends ask is “is there peanut butter in these?” I swear the one time I excluded peanut butter from my sugar cookies people figured I was lying to them.
Back to these cookies though… seriously if you’re looking for a healthy version of your favorite peanut butter cookies, try this quick and easy recipe; you can even top ’em with chocolate drizzle to take it to the next level.
Enjoy! Hopefully, these cookies take your day from great to even (peanut) better!
Yields 12 cookies
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 and 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 9 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 4-8 Tbsp almond milk
- Combine dates, peanut butter and oats in a food processor until it becomes a grainy, almost sandy texture.
- Add in almond milk one tablespoon at a time until a thick dough forms.
- Roll into balls and press flat with a fork to form cookie shapes.
- Refrigerate to firm up and enjoy! (Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze to keep longer)