Quick-and-easy peanut noodles are perfect tossed with your favorite steamed or sauteed vegetables. The peanut sauce recipe only takes a few minutes in the blender, and this whole meal comes together in about 20 minutes.
I’ve loved peanut noodles since I was a kid, but growing up I only got to have them in restaurants. It wasn’t until college that I realized that I could make my own peanut noodles at home. I’ve been making this recipe for more than 20 years, and there are dozens of ways to do it. The recipe below is one of my favorites.
Yields 4 servings
You can use any noodles you like to make your peanut noodles. I’ve used soba, udon, rice noodles and even vermicelli pasta as the base for this recipe. It’s all about the sauce and veggies, so use whatever noodles appeal to you! In the recipe video, I use Lotus Foods Jade Pearl Rice Ramen.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 4 servings of your favorite noodles, uncooked (see package for how much is in a serving)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 cups steamed or sauteed vegetables of your choice (I used kale and carrots.)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or Thai basil, chopped
- peanuts, optional, for garnish
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions, then drain.
- Meanwhile, get those veggies steaming until they’re tender. While the pasta cooks, you’ll also combine the peanut butter, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, hot sauce, and coconut milk in your blender. Puree until smooth.
- Pour the bean sprouts into a large bowl and toss with the hot noodles. The heat from the freshly-cooked noodles will wilt the sprouts. Once the sprouts are softened, toss in the peanut sauce and vegetables. Top with the cilantro or basil and the peanuts.
Related at Care2
- Did you know instant ramen noodles were this bad for you?
- 3 Super Healthy Noodle Alternatives
- Vegan Pho Noodle Soup
Photos by Becky Striepe.