This easy, filling vegan black bean soup recipe can be a meal on its own or a starter or side dish. No matter how you serve up your veggie-packed Coconut Black Bean Soup, it’s a cozy, flavorful bowlful of comfort.
What I love about this Coconut Black Bean Soup is how quick and easy it is to make. Just saute your veggies, add a few other ingredients and simmer to let the flavors come together. Bing, bang, boom!
This protein- and fiber-packed bowl can stand alone as a meal for two, or you can serve it as an appetizer or side dish for four, with a salad or sandwich to go with. Choose your own adventure!
Yields 4 servings
No matter how you serve up your veggie-packed Coconut Black Bean Soup, it’s a cozy, flavorful bowlful of comfort.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 4 cups (or 2 15 oz. cans) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 13.5 oz. can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- chopped green onion
- chopped tomato
- minced or sliced jalapenos (optional)
- In a soup pot, heat the oil on medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, carrots, garlic, ginger, and salt. Cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes, until the onions and carrots begin to soften.
- Add the cumin and coriander, and stir to coat the veggies well.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the toppings, stir well. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered, stirring often.
- Serve with your toppings of choice.
Related at Care2
- 11 Tips for Perfect Soup When You’re Not Following a Recipe
- Plan a Fall Soup Swap
- 5 Seasonal Vegan Soup Recipes
Photos by Becky Striepe.
Article source: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/coconut-black-bean-soup.html