Hearty lentils take the place of ground beef in this deeply-seasoned Instant Pot Lentil Chili recipe that cooks up quickly and easily in your pressure cooker!
My family has been super into chili this fall. We’ve been making chilis once a week, sometimes more. What I love about Instant Pot Lentil Chili is that it’s a true one-pot meal. Saute the veggies right in your Instant Pot, add the rest of your ingredients, bring to pressure and walk away.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, don’t worry! You can make this lentil chili in any electric pressure cooker with a saute function or any stovetop pressure cooker. Same directions, same amounts.
Yields 4 servings
Lentils take the place of ground beef in this deeply-seasoned chili recipe that cooks up quickly and easily in the Instant Pot!
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 3/4 cups black beans OR 1 15 ounce can, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Use the saute function to heat the oil, then add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the onions turn translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Add the salt, chili powder, and cumin, and stir to coat the vegetables with the spices.
- Add the lentils, black beans, broth, and tomatoes. Cover your pot, and bring to high pressure for 8 minutes. Do a natural release for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Related at Care2
- Healthy Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats with Apples
- Instant Pot Quinoa Buddha Bowl
All photos by Becky Striepe.
Article source: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/instant-pot-lentil-chili.html