To reduce waste and to lessen our negative impact on the environment and earth here are ten recycling tips:
* Re-use a plastic shopping bag instead of getting a new one.
* Buy products in containers that can be recycled easily such as glass jars and tin cans.
* Try to avoid buying polystyrene
* Purchase items which have been packaged with recycled materials – this info can often be found on the package.
* Avoid buying goods with multiple layers of packaging.
* Use washable nappies instead of disposable ones.
* Make use of rechargeable batteries instead of purchasing new batteries.
* Use rewriteable CDs and DVDs which can be re-used when needed.
* Use old newspapers and magazines for school projects.
* Donate unwanted and usable computers to a community centre.
* Purchase energy-efficient and long-lasting home appliances.