Evi Abeler/Candice Kumai
Earth Week rolls on and we are in full green celebration mode!
Chef Candice Kumai is the food-editor-at-large for Shape and author of the new cleansing book out now, Clean Green Drinks, which is the ultimate guide to living a healthier, cleaner life.
Earlier this week we asked Candice to dish on her favorite healthy smoothie and juice recipes. The results? Delicious. Now, we’ve asked her to spill her top five best pro-tips for living a green life.
Read below to see Candice’s expert advice for being eco-chic to the core.
1. Stock Up on Reusable Containers: Invest in some fabulous and reusable serving ware (plates, cups and utensils), as well as durable and reusable glass containers to store your meals safely. And start using those sexy reusable bags whenever you’re out shopping. It will be worth its weight in green gold.
2. Buy in Bulk: Purchase foods like oats, grains, dried fruits, nuts and seeds in bulk. Less packaging means less waste!
3. Move That Ass: Walk more! You’ll not only save on fuel, but you’ll work those gorgeous buns at the same time.
4. Clean Green: Look for eco-friendly/natural dish soap, cleaning products and laundry detergent. Chemical products can be harmful to our bodies and the environment. I love natural lavender detergent and soap! It’s also much more gentle on your skin!
5. Embrace Shabby Chic: From paper products to vintage clothing or a second-hand bike to a hand-me-down surfboard—know that recycled is where its at! Ask grandma if you can start going through her closets and cupboards. Trust me, she had great taste.
Follow Candice @CandiceKumai for even more living green tips, recipes and more!
Article source: http://www.eonline.com/news/535927/chef-candice-kumai-shares-5-easy-tips-for-living-green-this-earth-week?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories