This week’s Green Tips come from the team at Revolution Energy, a Portsmouth firm offering innovative financing solutions for large-scale solar energy projects. The company recently helped fellow Green Alliance business Favorite Foods install the state’s largest roof-mounted solar array.
1. Eat local: At Rev-En, we utilize the variety of restaurants in Portsmouth that are independently owned, supporting the concept of “locavesting.”
2. Invest in EnergyStar appliances: EnergyStar offers a database of energy-efficient products for the home and office that makes your average tasks more sustainable. By being more aware of your habits, you can improve them in ways that benefit the environment.
3. Look into mass transit: The Seacoast of New Hampshire has many public transportation options. The COAST bus service provides transportation to the Seacoast while reducing pollution.
4. Support sustainable businesses: Sometimes a product or service we need is not available locally or from an independent small business. Forbes and similar business groups regularly provide rankings on the world’s most sustainable companies.
5. Plant a garden: Planting a garden reduces your carbon footprint, while creating delicious organic herbs and food. You can start composting to create natural fertilizer for the garden, while reducing your waste stream.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.
Print this Article
Email this Article
Article source: http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20120910-NEWS-209100344