CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) Looking for ways to save money the environment? Katie Costantini, Alexandra Vining, Chiara Favaloro and Aliza Heeren from the Center for Eco Technology in Florence shared some ideas!
Greening your Holiday Travel
- Avoid taking planes! If you must take a plane, opt for airlines with higher occupancy rates and more efficient planes.
- If you need to take a car, make sure it is running efficiently and use as few cars as possible.
- Look for environmentally friendly hotels and accommodations (ones that recycle, compost, and are energy efficient or even use renewable energy).
- Conserve water and energy while away and continue to recycle and reduce use of disposable materials.
- Consider ecotourism! Many travel companies offer programs that support sustainable development, do not negatively affect the local environment, and support local communities
- When buying souvenirs, opt for locally produced items.
- If you are cooking, shop at local farmers markets
Festive holiday card holder!
- Cabinet Door
- Twine or String
- Clothes Pins
- Ribbon or Paint for decorating as you wish
Article source: http://wwlp.com/2016/12/22/green-your-holiday-with-gifts-tips/