CHICAGO, April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Every April, Hotel Felix Chicago (http://www.hotelfelixchicago.com) celebrates Earth Month by offering guests and Chicagoans opportunities to participate in green-friendly programs all month long. The ever-popular “Earth Day, Earth Stay” rate returns along with new contests and exclusive offers to create an action-packed, green month.
Hotel Felix, located in Chicago’s trendy River North neighborhood (111 W. Huron St.), is Chicago’s first eco-friendly and Silver Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design™ (LEED) certified hotel. It is committed to green practices year round and is especially excited to share its passion for green this April with the following events:
- Earth Day, Earth Stay: On April 8, starting at 12:00 PM, the annual discounted Earth Day room rate will be available to people who will reserve a room for an overnight stay on Earth Day, April 22. Guests are encouraged to visit www.hotelfelixchicago.com and by using the online promo code EARTH, the first 10 reservations to book will receive the Earth Day room rate of $20.14, exclusive of the Chicago hotel tax. This promotion will definitely go fast – be the first to benefit from this exclusive offer.
- Green Deals from Divvy for Hotel Felix Guests: During Earth Month, Divvy will offer a special discounted rate on the price of 24-Hour Passes for Hotel Felix guests plus free 24-Hour Passes for the hotel guests on Earth Day (April 22). Divvy, Chicago’s bike sharing system, is the ideal way to explore the city of Chicago. Divvy has 300 stations that are located throughout the city with a station just one block from Hotel Felix. To learn more about Divvy, please visit DivvyBikes.com.
- Green Networking Receptions at Hotel Felix’s Lobby Bar: Hotel Felix, in collaboration with Troquet River North, will host two wine receptions – one on Earth Day (April 22) and another one to wrap up Earth Month (April 30). These two “Green Networking” wine receptions will take place from 5-7 p.m., and the cost is $10/person, which includes two glasses of wine followed by an open cash bar. Troquet River North has a sustainable wine system through a draft pour, which reduces bottles and corks. Reservations in advance are highly recommended. Chicagoans and hotel guests can RSVP by calling Troquet at 312-202-9900. Green enthusiasts should attend the events armed with green tips and sustainable ideas to share.
- Green Thumb Photo Contest: Fans and followers are encouraged to post photos on social media of any spring flowers sprouting from the ground or pictures of their “green thumb” at work. Fans can enter as many photos as they would like – the more, the better chances of winning. Photos must be tagged with Hotel Felix and include the #GreenFelix hashtag in order to be included in the contest, which will be available on Facebook at www.facebook.com/hotelfelix. The best photo with the most “votes” wins flowers from Amlings Interior Landscape, along with a complimentary night stay at Hotel Felix Chicago. The contest starts at 10 a.m., April 7 and runs until April 30.
- Green Travelers = Great Upgrades: Guests who can show proof of green travel, either through public transportation with an Amtrak/Bus/CTA ticket or driving a hybrid or an electric vehicle, will receive a room upgrade during Earth Month. For this promotion, guests must book directly through Hotel Felix’ website (www.hotelfelixchciago.com) or by calling 877-848-4040. Room upgrades are based on availability at check-in to the next room type level.
- Scrappy’s Green Tips: Scrappy, one of the larger-than-life sustainable sculptures at Hotel Felix, will offer his eco-friendly tips throughout Earth Month. Scrappy’s tips are both practical and humorous but most importantly – always green. As examples, Scrappy recommends unplugging chargers and devices when they’re not in use. He also advocates walking whenever possible. Guests can find Scrappy’s Green Tips on Twitter (www.twitter.com/hotelfelix) throughout Earth Month with hashtag #ScrappyTip.
- Be Green and Tweet Green: Hotel Felix will host a Twitter contest during Earth Month to encourage its eco-friendly followers to tweet green activities throughout the month. Green enthusiasts can tweet all month long with information on how they are being green, such as recycling their water bottle after lunch, drinking out of reusable travel mugs, biking to work, ride-sharing, etc. The person who tweets their green activities to @hotelfelix with hashtag #GreenFelix the most wins a complimentary night stay at Hotel Felix Chicago. The contest starts at 10 a.m., April 1 and runs until April 30.
“At Hotel Felix, Earth Month gives us the opportunity to showcase our green efforts that we practice all year long. We’re thrilled to offer guests and the community a variety of exciting green activities and events,” said George Jordan, Area General Manager of Hotel Felix Chicago and Senior Vice President of Oxford Hotels Resorts.
To learn more about Hotel Felix Chicago, please visit www.hotelfelixchicago.com.
More about Hotel Felix
As Chicago’s first hotel awarded Silver LEED certification, Hotel Felix (111 W. Huron) delivers an enriching experience that not only benefits the guests, but the environment as well. Hotel Felix opened in April 2009 after an extensive redevelopment of a 1926 building using organic materials and renewable resources. The 225-room boutique hotel is conveniently located just steps from the Magnificent Mile and The Loop, surrounded by many of Chicago’s renowned attractions, popular restaurants, bars and world-class entertainment.
For more information and reservations, please visit www.hotelfelixchicago.com or call 312-447-3440 or 877-848-4040. To learn more about the latest happenings at Hotel Felix, please visit their blog, Happy Naturally (www.happynaturally.com) and join them on Facebook and Twitter at www.facebook.com/hotelfelix and www.twitter.com/hotelfelix.
Journalists’ Notes: To visit Hotel Felix, check out the Earth Month activities or request photos, please contact Molly Lynch at 773-505-9719 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.