WATCHUNG-GREEN BROOK, NJ — Hi, we are Patch — the #1 source for all things hyperlocal. We are dedicated to making our content as relevant to our readers as possible, and to do that we need your help.
We know that no one knows more about local events and happenings around town than you, the residents. We’re excited to invite you to post an event or article on your local Patch, or to reach out to your local editor with tips and story ideas.
NEWS TIPS AND PRESS RELEASES
News tips, photo submissions and press releases should be sent to your local Patch editor. Send all releases for Somerset and Union County, NJ to Alexis Tarrazi at Alexis.Tarrazi@patch.com.
- Including small attachments is fine, but PLEASE include all pertinent information directly in the body of your email (so it can be easily “cut and pasted”).
- Please include high-quality photos or images (preferred format is a .jpg) with photo credit
- Please note that due to high volumes of submissions, it’s not always possible to publish all releases or respond individually… but we try our best!
- Social media is great, but it’s better to try to reach out to your local editor directly
POST YOUR OWN EVENT OR ARTICLE
More of a “take-charge” type of person? Want to get a post online, ASAP? Meet MyPatch — your new, improved way to post on Patch.
There are two ways to post content: our “Bulletin Board” section (good for longer, “article” style posts) and Patch Events.
First things first: Apply for an account.
Why do we ask you to apply? We want to make sure your great, local content isn’t overwhelmed by non-local content — or worse, spam. So, we ask users to apply to make sure you’re real, and real local. (Your Zendesk support account is not the same as a contributor account). Businesses must contact sales to post their events on the Patch.
You’ll receive an email confirming your account (It usually takes between 24 to 48 hours to process).
Registered users can login to their accounts here. From there, you can make write your first Bulletin Board article or make your first event posting.
- See related article: How To Use Patch’s Event Calendar: A Simple Guide
If you run into issues or want to learn more about posting to Patch, click here for an easy FAQ guide and info on how to submit a support ticket to our help desk.
(Image via Patch File Photo)
Have a news tip? Email email@example.com.
Get Patch breaking news alerts sent right to your phone with our new app. Download here.